Albert Farine was born October 6, 1868 to Nicholas Farine, an 1855 French Reunion settler and his wife Jane Mills. He grew up on a farm located in north-west Dallas county that was owned by his parents.
On November 2, 1891 he married his childhood sweetheart, Rosetta Crabtree. In 1901 they purchased the acreage on which the school now stands. They lived for a brief period in a house located on the property.
He later purchased a farm bordered by Highway 183, MacArhur Boulevard, and Grauwyler Road. He donated land for each of these roads to be built. He farmed this land until his death. He also bought and sold real estate in the community and purchased some of the first lots offered for sale when Irving was established in 1903.
Albert Farine was interested in all aspects of community life. He helped in building and maintaining Elm School, which stood across the street from where Farine Elementary now stands. He helped to hire and pay the teachers, sometimes provided room and board for the teachers, and provided wood for heating the school.
In later years, he served as a memeber and director of the Northwest Dallas County Association that was founded in April 1931. He and other pioneers in this organization worked together to encourage growth of business and education in Irving and the surrounding area.