Irving ISD Security Protocol
In light of the tragedy in Connecticut, it is imperative that we are diligent in implementing our security protocols with visitors coming to school. Regardless of the familiarity we may have with the visitor, each school is expected to strictly adhere to safety and school entrance procedures.
- Every campus personnel is expected to actively engage all visitors.
- No one should enter any school (including staff) before checking in and scanning their ID in the front office (or providing a valid staff ID).
- All of the classroom doors are to be locked and are only to be opened by the teacher after determining who the visitor is and why they are there.
- Police and district security officers monitor every campus in Irving ISD during the school day.
- All employees are encouraged to alert authorities if they see anything suspicious on their campus.
Dana T. Bedden, Ed.D.
Superintendent of Schools
Also see the attached letter from Pat Lamb: